Friday, November 7, 2008

Dis iz Mah Kitteh

It was worryingly hard to find a more modern poem of mine that didn't make me sound like a suicidal high school dropout, so I had to settle for publishing something I wrote for a project in 5th Grade. If you liked reading my failed effort at poetry, then there's plenty more where that golden nugget of "art" came from, so just let me know. (One, an ABC poem, includes a butterfly getting eaten by a spider. I was ten and already killing off characters in my writing. Was there ever any hope for me?)



The above is a video I took of my kitty-cat. Her name is Journey (No, before you ask I did not give her that retarded name -- that was what it was when we got her from the Humane Society. If I were to name a cat, it would be called Spandex.), but I call her: Flinko, Fwinko, Baby, Angel, Lovey, Bubbles, Sweetie-Heart, Babboo (variation of aforementioned "Baby"), Dear, Deary, Deatest, and Amazing Tomato (pronounced AH-mah-zing tah-MA-toe, long story), among others.

She's part Siamese, has big, bright green saucer eyes, is about four years old, and very affectionate. She acted like a Crack Baby when she was a kitten (she crawled up the freakin' chimney the day we brought her home), but she's calmed down to a semblance of normality now. Isn't she just adorable? I friggin' love cats. They're fanatstic creatures.

May I be frank with you? I think cats are better than dogs. They're cleaner, quieter, sweeter, and mellower (yes, it's a word). I know several people who said they would run a cat over with a lawn mower if they ever got one (sicko, sadistic dog-lovers), so I am aware that not everyone thinks felines are God's gift. Not to say I don't think dogs can't be great companions too, but they're just so much work!

But what do you think: cats or dogs? I'm a kitteh funattic mahselfe. (Yes, Lolcats is amazing.)

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Cats are ok but it like that old saying "Women and cats will do what they want, men and dogs should get use to it." Dogs are more fun. Can you teach you cat to sit?

Lassin Sayne said...

Ha! I'd never heard that saying before. :D That's hilarious . . . and so true. And no, but once we taught my other cat to fetch. It was pretty darn amazing.