Saturday, November 8, 2008

Mom, Dad, I Want You To Meet the Love of My Life

I've met the man I'm going to marry. I'm absolutely, irrevocably, unconditionally in love with him. He's intelligent, ambitious, witty, independent, and charming. 


Some might say I haven't known him long enough to be so sure of my affections for him, but to hardly know him is to know him well -- he presents his whole self up front and without worrying what others might think of him. He is his own man, and proud of it. 

My whole world has suddenly become brighter. 

7 comments:

Brandon said...

You are going to have to let him grow up first. Then purge his filthy language.

Anonymous said...

Well, this is interesting. I'd very much like to hear more about this young man. (He is young, isn't he?)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Brandon. This blogger is disgusting, angry, and spiteful. This is no son-in-law material. Or were you joking?

Brandon said...

I think she likes his views. But his mouth is like an open garbage pit with a little port-a-potty mixed in.

Lassin Sayne said...

Ooh! Such response to my post! It makes me all fluttery on the inside. :-)

1) My grandma likes her men a bit young too, so it could just be a recessive gene that skipped my mom.

2) Yes and no -- half-joking. John McClane, the Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler, and Time Bandits has conditioned me to see past the bad language. His views and panache I like, his mouth I could do without (which I might have to anyway, seeing as he's only five weeks in the oven and his features haven't fully developed yet).

And mommy dearest, I distinctly remember that daddy dearest didn't present much differently from my beloved little fetus when he was younger, and yet you pursued him anyway.

Brandon said...

Time Bandits was not that bad. It was funny. "Don't touch Obama! He's evil!"

Lassin Sayne said...

Hmm . . . I might be thinking of Back to the Future then. All I remember is a film involving time-traveling and really bad language.